ActiveNote is a Windows 8 Task Reminder App. You can use it to set reminders for tasks that you have to do. There is also an option to enable notification with alarm reminder that will remind you anytime you are doing any thing. The reminder app will also notify you about the tasks you have to do, on the launching tile of the app.
This app is quite easy to work with, with a nice Interface.
ActiveNote is freely available in the Productivity category of the Windows Store.
Using this Windows 8 Task Reminder App
As you get to the main page of this free Task Reminder App, you would be shown three categories available as vertical panels. These are mainly : Active, Completed, and Today’s, in which the respective tasks are available.
On the interface of the app, the time and date would be displayed on the bottom left side of the app’s interface. These two things come very handy when any task reminder is to be set.
Now, let me tell you how you can end reminders in this reminder app:
- On the bottom right side of the app’s interface, there is a text box available, wherein you have to specify the task for which reminder has to be set.
- Just write the title of the task there and hit Enter button or the button that is available to the right side of this box.
- As you do this, a vertical panel will open up on the right side of the app’s interface.
- Add the details about the task in here, like task description, due date, time, whether there has to be an alarm reminder, and the time interval before which you have to be reminded about the task.
You can use the same procedure if you want to set any recurring task which is to be repeated frequently. For that, after following the above mentioned steps, you have to use the Recurrence option that is available in the task settings’ panel. As you use this option, an extra option to choose the days of the week on that task has to repeated, would be shown. Just choose the days, and set the date until which this task has to be repeated.
Now, let me tell you the options the reminder app provides you with:
Alarm notification will be given only if you set the reminder for the task to on. You would be reminded about the event before the time interval you specify.
The tile reminder would remind you on the Start Screen Tile, about the tasks that you have to do.
That tile will show the number of tasks, and also the description of each task one by one.
Key Features of ActiveNote
- Alarm notification for the tasks.
- Start Screen Tile Notification.
- Easy to work with, and a good interface.
- Option to add reminders for recurring events that repeat regularly.
- The app is freely available in the Windows Store.
ActiveNote is a good Windows 8 Task Reminder app with nice interface and is easy to work upon. There is option to set alarm reminders. Along with that, it shows the tasks which are to be done, on the Start Screen Tile. All in all, a nice app in my opinion, ActiveTask is a must.