Fount is an online tool to identify fonts used on a website. When you go to any website, you can use this free web application to identify the fonts are being used on a web page. This is a very good application for web designers, as they can find out the fonts being used on any website that they like.
It is a standalone tool which you can use absolutely free without any hindrance. It does not requires any download, or registration. Just go to the website of Fount, drag the bookmarklet to your bookmarks bar, and then click on that while you are on any website.
Apart from telling the web font it also tells you the font size, weight and style used in the web page. Fount works with the most commonly known and used browsers, which are Safari, Chrome, Firefox and IE8+.
Also check out free font management software.
Some key Features of Web Font Finder :
- Shows web font and its size, weight, style.
- Absolutely free web service.
- Works with most commonly used browsers like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.
- Easy to use web service.
How to Use Fount:
- Go onto homepage of this web service.
- Now you need to click “Fount” button.
- Drag this button into the bookmarks bar of your browser.
- Open any website for which you want to identify fonts. Then click on the bookmark that you added for Fount.
- You will notice a sign like this “+”, instead of mouse cursor.
- Now whenever you left click any text on the web page it will show you the web font, font size, style and weight.
Fount is simple, free and easy to use tool which tells you web font.