Foxit Reader is an absolutely free PDF document reader which offers so many advanced features and that too, free of cost. This makes it a great alternative to Adobe PDF.
Now you don’t need to go through the lengthy installation process or download a huge PDF reader from somewhere else or wait till it is launched or pay before you annotate your PDF document as Foxit Reader is faster andand offers so many extensive features for free.
I have been using Adobe PDF for quite a long time, but I am always surprised to see how heavy it is on system resources. Moreover, it is slow to start, and keep offering options to download updates too often.
Foxit Reader is incredibly small and doesn’t take time to launch as it launches instantly and you won’t face any irritating window displaying company name and so on. Moreover, it allows you to annotate your PDF documents and allows you to draw graphics or highlight texts or make notes and then either take out the print out or save the annotated text. It does not converts documents to PDF, for that you can use some free PDF creation software.
It offers high security for all its users and doesn’t connects to the internet without their permission. To monitor your internet traffic, you can use NetBalancer.
You can even check for updates by selecting ‘Automatically check for foxit updates’ in the help menu and you can easily install the foxit toolbar or eBay shortcut icon either in the installation wizard or in the Foxit Reader updates box.
Here are some of the features of this free alternative to Adobe PDF:
- You can convert PDF documents into simple text files
- You can search for any information on the internet by selecting any text and clicking on the icon
- You can select the more often used tools in your favorites toolbar making it easy for you to work
- You can comment on any PDF document as well as sort/collapse/expand your comments
- You can even create a separate document with comments summary and set the properties so that it becomes easy for you to see the synopsis of all comments associated with your PDF documents
- You can view the documents restrictions by clicking on the securities tab. It restricts what can be done to the documents.
- It supports MSAA (Microsoft active accessibility) which means that you can deliver the UI information to the MSAA client
- It has an innovative UI with updated icons and reclassified menu bar
It is absolutely free and there are so many things that you can do with it.For instance you can add/edit bookmarks or take the print out or fulfill the basic PDF form operations and many more things.
It is a highly recommended software for both professional and non-professional users and you won’t need to look for any other PDF reader anywhere as it caters to all your basic needs. Other useful PDF software that you can try are Free PDF to Excel Converter, and Free PDF to Word Converter.
Home Page: Click Here
Works With: Windows
Free / Paid: Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: