Glasp YouTube Summarizer is a free open-source Google Chrome Extension that allows you to easily and swiftly access the Transcript and AI Generated Summary of the YouTube videos that you are watching. The summary is automatically generated by the ChatGPT platform developed by Open AI.
YouTube summaries often allows you to go through the synopsis of the actual content covered in the desired video. It conveys the important events or ideas in the story and viewers should take a few minutes to spend time on it and understand the context of the video before delving completely into it.
How it Works:
1. Download and Install the YouTube summarizer Chrome Extension using the link that we have provided at the end of this article.
2. Navigate to YouTube and play the desired video and then click on the ‘Transcript and Summary’ link towards the right of the video. This link is normally not present and will be displayed only after the installation of the Extension.
3. You will now be able to read the Transcript of the entire video on its right side. You can click on the ‘Copy Transcript’ icon at the extreme right to copy the entire transcript to the clipboard. Additionally, you can click on the icon as indicated in the screenshot below to jump to the current video timestamp in the transcript.
4. To generate an AI Summary of the YouTube video, click on the icon ‘View AI Summary’ as shown in the attached screenshot.
5. This will take you to the ChatGPT window. Login with your account if you haven’t done so and then press Ctrl + V followed by ‘Enter’. This will paste the initial 250 – 300 words (approx.) of the transcript in the ChatGPT window and query it for a video summary.
6. ChatGPT will now process the text that you have pasted and display the video summary for you. Type ‘Continue’ or ‘More’ and press Enter for further elaboration or explanation.
YouTube Summarizer Extension is a decent way to produce the transcript of any YouTube video as well as an AI generated Summary of the video in question by using ChatGPT technology.
Click here to download the YouTube Summarizer Extension.
Are you interested in automatically transcribing YouTube, Vimeo videos online. Click here to explore 4 online tools that will help you to automatically generate video transcriptions free of cost.