MycView is a free image viewer tool which lets you view a slideshow of the pictures in a specified directory. Initially, this program was developed to simply watch the slide show of pictures for those machines which did not have devices such as keyboard or mouse.
The installation of this free image viewer is simple and straightforward. MycView does not come bundled with any adware and there is no additional software or plugin to use it. Besides, the software is portable meaning that you need not install it every time. Hence the complete process is smooth and simple.
The interface of MycView is quite a minimalist. It has been kept plain and simple since it was initially designed for systems devoid of interfaces. It is best suited for the users who are well versed with command line. Using command line, one can use more functionalities of this free image viewer.
Features of MycView free image viewer
- The software is suitable to open images in different formats including popular formats like BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, etc.
- You can view images from the specified directory in full screen mode.
- The software has been streamlined to function using keyboard such that most of the functions can be performed using some special keys.
- The software is also compatible with systems which do not have very high specifications. This is because the software requirements are quite minimal.
- One of the best features of this free image viewer is that it is completely portable and hence the installation isn’t necessary. You can run the software on any system.
- It also supports zooming, rotation, changing the background color and browsing the images along with their thumbnails.
The free image viewer MycView works well on Windows platform and is compatible with XP/Vista/7. The current version 1.5.6 has a very small size of 28.5 kb and hence can even work well on outdated systems. It has been developed on native Win32 and hence does not have very high requirements.
Overall, this small handy free image viewer is quite reliable and can be easily used on any system without worrying about the specifications of the system. Hence, this software is apt if you simply wish to view slide show of images in a particular directory along with some additional functions. The best part is that this software is a freeware as well as completely secure and hence there is no issue in trying it. The software is user-friendly and can be used both by novice and advanced users. Although, users familiar with command line parameters can use the software in much better way since more functionalities can be used. Hence, with so much in store, there is no reason as to why you cannot use the software. Since the application is lightweight and completely free hence it is best suited if you wish to watch your favorite images in full screen mode.
Home Page: Click Here
Works With: Microsoft Windows 7, Vista & XP (32Bit & 64Bit)
Free / Paid: Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: