Here are 4 Best Free Excel to Word Converter Websites which let you convert Excel to Word documents online. You can convert XLS to DOC, XLSX to DOC, XLS to DOCX, and XLSX to DOCX by using these free online converter websites. You just have to upload the Excel file (XLS or XLSX) to the website and after completing the conversion process you can download the converted Word file (in DOC or/and DOCX format) or get and email containing the link of the converted Word file in your email address provided.
The conversion process does not require any additional software to be downloaded. You can use your web browser to complete the conversion process. Also if you are looking to Convert Word to Excel Online, we already have you covered.
Convert Excel to Word Online with Zamzar.com
Converting XLS to DOC or XLSX to DOC online by using Zamzar.com is a very easy process. It is a simple 4 steps procedure. Just go to the website and from the Convert Files tab, click Choose Files button. In Step 2, choose DOC from the drop down list and in Step 3, provide your email address and finally click Convert button in Step 4. You can upload up to 50MB file.
You will get an email within seconds/minutes containing link of the converted file. Just go to the link and download the converted file. The converted Excel to Word file looks similar in formatting as compared to original Excel file.
You can check the below screenshot to get the better idea for input vs output.
Here is a brief summary of the Output Word file about the different objects looks after conversion from the Input Excel file:
- Text: This website maintains the text formatting after doing the conversion process in the output Word file. Data of each cell is saved in paragraphs.
- Table: This website maintains the formatting and table styles if applied, in the output too. But sometimes you need to arrange or realign the data in tables if required.
- Images: This Excel to Doc converter also preserves the images in output Word file. Also Text data and Images are on different layers.
- Sheets: Different Sheets are merged in one output document.
Also if you want to use this service on regular basis, you can create a free account with them.
By using Coolutils.com, you can convert Excel to Word online for free. The complete conversion process has 3 simple steps. In Step 1, you have to select the input Excel file (XLS or XLSX) by clicking the Select files… button. You can select input Excel file from your Local Computer, Google Drive, or from Dropbox. Now choose the DOC from Set Convert Options in Step 2. Now click Download Converted File in Step 3 to download the converted DOCX file in ZIP format. In the downloaded ZIP file you will also find extracted Image files separately packed within ZIP file.
You can see below for how different objects in the Excel document are converted in final Word file (DOCX):
- Text: This conversion website does not maintain the text formatting in the output Word file. Data of each cell is saved in tables.
- Table: The tabular data will remains same, but without formatting in the output.
- Images: This Excel to Doc converter preserves the images in the output Word file. Also Images can be extracted separately from the output ZIP file.
- Sheets: All Sheets are merged in one main document.
You can see the below screenshot to find the difference between input and output.
Other allowed Excel file types are: csv, tsv, xlsm, xlsb, xlt, xltm, xltx, xlk, xlw, xlr, and many more.
Watermark-Images.com is another website in the list which lets you easily convert Excel to Word online for free. This website is pretty simple to understand for the process of conversion. Just go to the link and select the input Excel file (XLS or XLSX) by clicking the Select XLS File button. Even though this website gives option to convert all the sheet, but that didn’t work for me. So, select the option of “Active” in “Worksheet to Convert” in Step 2. When you click Convert to Word button, you will be able to download the converted Word file from the link provided.
There are some minor changes in the output Word file. Let’s discuss them below.
- Text: This conversion website maintains text formatting in the output Word file.
- Table: The formatted tables in the original Excel will become normal tabular data in Word file. Data of the tables will remain the same in output DOC file.
- Images: This conversion website also preserve the images in output Word file.
- Sheets: As I mentioned above, this website worked for me only for the “Active” option.
You can view the below screenshot too for better understanding.
Docx2Doc.com is another website in the list which lets you convert Excel to DOC online. Your input file could be in XLS or XLSX format. Just go to the link and click browse to select the input Excel file. Now click Convert File to Doc button to start the conversion process. You can download the file from provided link, email a download link, or use direct link to download the converted DOC file.
There are some changes in the output DOC file after completing the conversion process. Let’s discuss each separately. Also, it automatically creates an index in the output Word file for every sheet.
- Text: This website maintains the text formatting in the output Word file, but all the data is available in table form. Also automatic index is created on the first page of the Word file.
- Table: The data in tables with formatting looses its formatting, while data remains the same in output DOC file.
- Images: This conversion website does not preserve the images in output DOC file. But image place holders were present in the output file with error.
- Sheets: All Sheets are merged in one main document with different Sheet Headings.
You can also see the below screenshot to find the difference between them easily.
Although all the above websites are able to successfully convert Excel to Word, but I liked Zamzar the most. The output was pretty close to the input file, with almost no loss of data or formatting.
You can also check Find and Replace Images in Word Document.