Avast Free Linux Home Edition is one of the best free antivirus for Linux. It is free for Home and non-commercial use. The antivirus kernel features outstanding detection abilities, together with high performance.
Avast Free Linux Edition claims 100% detection of In-the-Wild viruses (viruses already spreading between users) and excellent detection of Trojan horses with minimum false positives.
Avast Free Linux Home Edition can scan inside lot of archives, including: ARJ, ZIP, MIME (+ all associated formats), DBX (Outlook Express archives), RAR, TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, ZOO, ARC, LHA/LHX, TNEF (winmail.dat), CPIO, RPM, ISO, and SIS. It also supports a number of executable packers (such as PKLite, Diet, UPX, ASPack, FSG, MEW, etc.)
Here are features of Avast Free Antivirus for Linux :
- Intuitive Simple User Interface
- Independent on installed graphic libraries
- Testing of whole disks or just selected folders
- Defining and running of antivirus tests
- Storing the scan results (history)
- Virus encyclopedia
- Command-line scanner with STDIN/STDOUT mode
- Non-incremental updates
- Updates can be completely automatic
All these features make Avast one of the best Free Antivirus for Linux. The fact that it is free for Home and Non-Commercial use is the deal clincher. Download using links at the end.