My Cool Desktop is a free software to arrange desktop icons in various shapes. You can arrange desktop icons in shapes like circles, stars, hearts, rectangle, curved rhombus, curved square, moon, Cross, Cross V, and many more shapes. You just need to select the shape from pre-defined list of shapes, and this freeware will arrange desktop icons in that shape.
My Cool Desktop is extremely easy to use. As I mentioned earlier, you just need to select the shape from list of shapes to arrange desktop icons accordingly. Apart from that, My Cool Desktop also lets you do some nice customization with your chosen shape.
Here are some of the additional adjustments that you can do:
- You can choose to center align the shape, or move it to any place on the screen. For example, if you want to arrange all the icons in a circle shape and have that circle towards right side of the screen, you can do that easily.
- You can separately specify height and width of the shape. You can also choose to simply fit the shape to entire screen.
- You can specify space between icons.
- You can setup multiple icon layouts, and save them. Then you can switch to any layout with a single click.
My Cool Desktop comes with 27 different shapes, and is one of the easiest ways to make your desktop look cool. And if you are using a custom icon creator, My Cool Desktop would let you uniquely arrange your icons.
Here are some of the system requirements for My Cool Desktop:
- There should be at least 15 icons on desktop. More than 25 are recommended.
- You need to disable “Align to Grid and Auto Arrange”. Here are instructions for that.
Download My Cool Desktop here.