TheFolderSpy, a freeware, is a folder spying software. It monitors and logs the modifications which take place in a folder. Not only can it monitor the changes, it can also show you the the files in which the changes are detected.
How to use TheFolderSpy to Monitor Changes to Folders:
Download and run TheFolderSpy. This application is portable hence, doesn’t require any installation.
The main monitoring screen has an Add item button. On clicking this users can navigate to another window where the monitoring parameters can be defined. File filter parameter helps including/excluding certain files during the monitoring process. But if the user wants to monitor all the files in the specified folder then he should use the wildcards (*and?).
The interface is extremely simple. All the screens and buttons come with simple and short explanations which make this application very user friendly.
Some of the features of TheFolderSpy:
- Monitors folders for changes that take place in real-time
- Logs all the changes in a log file
- Monitors changes like creation, deletion, changes in file size, characteristic changes etc.
- Can run as a background process
- Executes file when changes are detected
- Regular expressions can be used to filter files which need monitoring
- Pause/resume the monitoring process
TheFolderSpy can only monitor the changes. You can also try freeware to Disable copying, editing, deleting of files and folders.
Home Page: Click Here
Works With: Windows
Free / Paid: Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: