HandBrake is a multithreaded video transcoder software that can operate on multiple platforms.It converts MPEG video file into an MPEG-4 video file in .mp4 or .mkv formats. This free software can rip DVD to iPod and iPhone compatible format.
Handbrake now has a new compilation system. The new compilation system enables easy 64-bit and parallel builds.
It also makes it more easier to extend the software features. Users can turn on and off the subtitle tracks on the video. With soft subtitles, users can include Closed Captioning data from DVDs and TV broadcasts, or SRT text subtitle file. Handbrake also supports multiple subtitle tracks.
If you are looking for free professional video editing software, you can try Avidemux.
Users will now have the ability to test Handbrake settings by previewing the live video. The Normal preset is compatible with any device that compliant with any MP4 file that contains H.264 with AAC-LC audio.
Here are some of the features of this Free Video Transcoder:
[Like this article? Subscribe to our Free Updates]
- HandBrake is a multithreaded video transcoder software that supports any DVD-like source including VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD
- This multithreaded video transcoder software supports most media file that can be read by libavformat and decoded by libavcodec
- HandBrake software supports MP4 and MKV file formats
- HandBrake software supports MPEG-4, H.264, or Theora video formats
- The x264 increase the software quality with smaller, better, faster encodes
- It supports AAC, CoreAudio AAC (OS X Only), MP3, or Vorbis. AC-3 pass-through, DTS pass-thorugh (MKV only) audio formats
- It gives you the ability to choose a chapter in the movie to play
- The subtitled can be enabled
- HandBrake software supports Bitrate Calculator
- You will be able to preview the video
- HandBrake software offers better audio-video synchronization
- You can encode AAC audio with OS X’s Core Audio
- The new decomb offers optional, slower, better quality deinterlacing method
- Supports theora video encoding
- Supports multi threaded deintelacing
- The update libraries include more file formats such as libsamplerate, libmpeg2, libavformat and etc.
- HandBrake’s AVI mixer cannot support large files.
- HandBrake’s OGM mixer has not been maintained and has become outdated.
If you want to rip your DVDs to iPod and iPhone compatible formats, Handbrake works well.
Home Page: Click Here
Works With: Windows, Mac, Linux
Free / Paid: Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: