Cocktail Flow is a free Cocktail app for Android 2.2 and above. It allows you to create lots of cocktails as it features step by step instructions on how to do so along with pictures. It also helps you decide on what drink to buy, etc.
This free cocktail app for Android is very resource and processor friendly app. Although it is slightly large at about 26 MB app size, it is really worth a download for the connoisseurs of exquisite drinks.
You can mark the things that you have and then see the recipes that the application lays out for you as to what you can make with those drinks/ingredients that you have in your bar cabinet. You can search for cocktails by category, etc. You can also do an advanced search for the cocktail recipes by typing and searching. Overall, it’s a must have application for people looking for having some fantabulous and mouth watering cocktails.
Features of this Cocktail App for Android:
- When you open the app, you will be presented with the screenshot shown above. Here you can click surprise me to see a different cocktail recipe each time. You can browse by Categories, Packages etc. you can also set a cocktail recipe as your favourite.
- In the Guides menu, you are informed about the various glasses used for different cocktails, etc. Hence, the Guides menu proves to be very useful for people who are new to cocktail making. The Guides menu looks like the following screenshot. The Introduction menu tells about basic cocktail making steps in brief. Barware tells about various cocktail glasses etc. Garnishes tells you when to use which garnish in your drink, and App Guide lets you know about the way of using the application.
- In the Settings menu, you can select the various options like currency information (for knowing prices of various ingredients), language settings, animation settings etc.
- When you want to find cocktail recipes, you can either click Surprise Me button (which opens up a cocktail recipe randomly) or browse by clicking the Categories or Packages button. When you click the Categories button, you can choose a cocktail by all cocktails at once, by base drink (Brandy, champagne etc.), by Cocktail colour or by Cocktail type (creamy, long drink, shooters etc.). In the Packages button, you can browse the Premium Cocktails (requires purchase of cocktail recipes), or Free Cocktails. Under the free cocktails tab, the basic cocktails package is already installed, and you can also download some other packages of cocktail recipes (Shooters, Non Alcoholic Mocktails) for free. When you click on the Packages button, the following menu (shown in the below screenshot) will open up.
- In the Cocktail barstock menu on the home screen of this app, you can click on carious drinks and let the application know that you have these drinks available. The barstock menu looks like the following screenshot. The greyed out drink bottles show that you do not have these drinks available.
- Based on the drinks that you select in Barstock, you will be given shopping recommendations when you open the Shopping tab, as what to buy and how much it will cost to make a cocktail/mocktail. As you can see in the above screenshot, according to the ingredients I have selected in barstock, I can make the following cocktails. By selecting any of the cocktails in the below screenshot, I can see the recipe of that cocktail. I can also see a fairly accurate cost of the ingredients that I need to purchase to successfully make these cocktails.
- When you open a cocktail recipe, the following screenshot will open up. The cocktail tab will be selected by default, where you can see the image of the cocktail along with the ingredients needed to prepare it. This looks like the following screenshot.
- You can read about instructions on making the cocktail by clicking on the Preparation tab. The preparation tab looks like the following screenshot. In a very detailed way, you can see the instructions around how to make cocktails.
What I like about this Free Cocktail App for Android?
- Very detailed instructions.
- Large collection of free cocktails and mocktails.
- Smooth animation effects.
- Consumes less system memory.
- Supports download of more cocktail packages as well.
What I don’t like about this app?
- You have to pay for some cocktail recipes to download them.
Cocktail Flow- Drink Recipes is an amazing app when you’re looking forward to impress your friends or family with your amazing drink making skills, as it provides a very detailed insight on how to make cocktails. The user interface is very smooth, and it’s very easy to learn how to use this application. Do give it a shot, and I’m sure you’ll love it!