Areca backup is a free backup software which takes backup of all the files in a very convenient way. Back up of image files, incremental and delta backup of files on local drive is supported by this free software. You can simply navigate in different versions of the files and browse your previously backed up files in your archive with Areca backup. This freeware consists of a backup simulation module. Areca backup is a great software for taking backup of files.
This freeware, Areca backup is written in java and has many good features like file history explorer, encryption and compression etc. There is a very good feature called transaction mechanism which ensures your backup integrity. Areca backup consists of basically two user interface. Some other free backup software we reviewed earlier include Online backup software, Yadis Backup, and Back4Win.
Areca Backup provides multiple options to backup data. First one is command line interface which is very useful for backup automation process. The other one is a graphical user interface whose main work is to administer all the general tasks. Areca has a very user friendly interface and is very easy to use. You just have to define your backup parameters and after this all can be launched with a single click of a mouse.
Here are the features of this free backup software, Areca backup:
- Backup creation of all the files selected
- Files can be easily searched in the archives using archives explorer
- There is a option for archive deletion
- You can simply search for different versions of files which has been previously backed up and can restore them with the option of history explorer
- For saving storage space you can simply merge all the files into a single archive using archive merge option
- There is an option to recover entire archive or a single file using archive recovery
Areca backup is a good software to take backup of files in a very easy and convenient way. So go ahead and give it a try.
Home Page: Click Here
Works With: Windows, Linux
Free / Paid: Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: