DuplicateFiles is a free duplicate finder to find exact duplicate or similar files of a folder based on similarity of file names. You can find any kind of duplicate files such as music files, text files, image files etc. using DuplicateFiles. The unique feature present in this free duplicate finder is that it provides image preview facility as well as an integrated player (that lets you play music files that can be duplicated). Thus it’s a bit different from some other similar duplicate finders.
It’s a simple software which is easy to use and users will find no difficulty to work with it. In below screenshot, you can see interface of DuplicateFiles where it shows number of duplicate files (at the right side) based on similarity level (or percentage).
Note: At the time of testing, the software crashed and closed multiple times. It could be frustrating if you encounter the same problem.
In order to find duplicate files (if any) present in a folder, you can use drop down menu available at top left part on its interface. Select a folder and hit Find duplicates button to see list of duplicate files. From that list, you can select unwanted files and can delete them to gain disk space. It’s a simple process to find and delete duplicate files.
You can make searching process more specific by selecting the percentage level of similarity. It will help you to find out maximum number of duplicates. Use available slider to select the similarity percentage (see the below screenshot).
There are few more options available in this free duplicate finder. Such as:
- You can enable/disable image preview option.
- You can enable ‘Display Comparison Info’ option to find out total number of files along with total comparisons.
Key Features of DuplicateFiles Are As Follows:
- It’s a handy software to find duplicate or similar music files, text files, image files etc. based on similarity of file names.
- You can preview image files to detect duplicate images and delete them.
- Unique feature available as an integrated music player that lets you play music files that comes in duplicate files list.
- It finds files quite fast and generates results within a few seconds.
- Free duplicate finder for everyone. Total size of DuplicateFiles is 15.8 mb.
DuplicateFiles is a useful software to quickly find out similar or exact duplicate files based on file names. But it does need a few improvements. Such as there should be an option present to include/exclude file extensions to sort out files for searching. Moreover, it provides search results based on file names only. In this case, it shows those files in duplicate files list which are not duplicate actually. But to quickly find out duplicate or similar files, DuplicateFiles is worthy enough.
Home Page: Click Here
Works With: Windows
Free / Paid: Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: