AVG Linkscanner is a nice free software to protect you from visiting malicious websites. It works in a very interesting way:
1) When you type a web address in your browser, AVG Linkscanner checks the page before opening it in your browser. If it detects something malicious with the website, it blocks the page, and lets you know.
2) Whenever you do a search, it checks the search results, and clearly shows which results look malicious. So, you are warned even before you click a link of malicious website in search results.
Considering the growing number of malicious websites, it is absolutely necessary to have a software like AVG Linkscanner installed on your computer. Note that your existing Antivirus might not be doing this task at all, so you can add AVG Linkscanner for better protection. AVG Linkscanner can easily work with your existing antivirus without conflicting with that.
If you are looking for Free AVG Antivirus, you can download it here.
Here are some great features of Free AVG Linkscanner:
- It scans every web page just before you get there in real time, so it can identify short-lived threats.
- It doesn’t rely solely on a blacklist of bad sites that can quickly go out of date.
- It works in the background and doesn’t slow your PC down.
- It can’t be identified by poisoned web sites, so they can’t take evasive action.
- Wors with other major brands of security software.
- Completely free.
AVG Linkscanner is completely free, and really good in what it does. It is essential real time protection. You just need to install it, and after that AVG Linkscanner is pretty much on its own. Love it!
Download links, and Video tutorial at the end.
Home Page: Click Here
Works With: Windows
Free / Paid: Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: