WinCatalog Light is a free CD/DVD catalog software. It will scan contents of all your CD and DVD, and store information about them on your computer in a complete tree manner. So, whenever you need to find a file or song, you can quickly start with this free CD/DVD catalog to know in which disc that song is present.
WinCatalog Light is extremely easy to use. Just insert CD/DVD that you want to catalog in your PC, and WinCatalog Light will scan all its contents. Other similar software we reviewed earlier are Visual CD, and Ant Movie Catalog.
WinCatalog Light comes with some advanced features:
- It can look inside zip files to catalog contents of zip archives
- It can automatically extract tags from audio files, so that you can quickly search for songs based on their tags.
- It can get more information about music files automatically from internet.
- It can extract mp3 file descriptions and catalog them
- You can add comments for each item
- You can choose to search contents of a particular disk in the catalog, or your entire catalog
- It can also scan folders on your computer, and catalog them.
WinCatalog Light is one of the best CD/DVD catalog software that we have found. This is extremely simple to use, and completely free. It has a paid version also that comes with more advanced features, but free version should suffice for most of the users. If you have more than a couple of discs with you, it makes sense to catalog them with this free disc catalog software. Also try out video library catalog software.