ConTEXT is a free text editor for software developers. ConTEXT provides productivity to software developers by adding features like syntax highlighting, file compare, tabbed interface, commenting/uncommenting code, and search / replace with regular expressions.
We have reviewed many other IDE for software developers, including, CodeLobster, Aptana RadRails, and Code Block. However, all of these work on a limited set of programming languages. ConTEXT instead supports a ton of programming languages.
Here is the list of programming languages that ConTEXT supports:
- Java Script
- Visual Basic
- 80×86 assembler
- InnoSetup scripts
As you can see from the list above, ConTEXT supports quite a lot of languages.
Here are some of the features of ConTEXT:
- ConTEXT comes with syntax highlighting, and also provides option for customized syntax highlighting.
- ConTEXT provides a tabbed interface, and you can have unlimited files open at the same time.
- I currently use Notepad++ for my daily activities, and one feature I love is that it remembers point at which editing was being done in each file. ConTEXT provides similar feature.
- You can compare files using built-in file compare feature.
- It supports exporting files as HTML and RTF, and also convert DOS -> Unix -> Mac file formats.
- It comes with an easy to use Macro Recorder.
- You can search and replace using regular expressions. Search and replace can be done in all open files, or just the current file.
- It comes with auto indentation of code.
- You can easily comment/uncomment code
- ConTEXT is multi-lingual and supports many languages, including: English, German, French, Croatian, Chinese, French, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Esperanto, Spanish, Galego, Italian, Hungarian, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Slovakian, Polish, Lithuanian, Latvian, Slovenian, Turkish.
Home Page: Click Here
Works With: Windows
Free / Paid: Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: