Works on: Windows
Free Video Converter is a completely free software to convert movie files to various different formats. You can directly convert your movies for iPhone/iPod, and YouTube format. Free Video Converter also provides basic video editing capabilities so you edit, merge and split your movies.
Free Video Converter supports tons of input formats: AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, MPG, MPEG, MTS, RM, RMVB, QT, WMV, and others recognized by your computer (Direct Show). Free Video Converter can convert movies to AVI, MP4, MPEG1, MPEG2, QuickTime (QT), WMV.
Free Video Converter scores really big in terms of ease of use. The user interface is very intuitive, and make the things really simple. There is no learning curve involved, and anyone can start using it easily, and start editing movies. The interface includes video preview area, timeline and editing area, and video clip management area.
Here are some of the interesting features of Free Video Converter:
- Direct conversion of videos to iPod, iPhone, YouTube, HDTV, and Web (Flash) compatible format.
- Creates HTML pages that play converted videos as Flash movies (FLV) for easy publishing to the Web
- Can split or merge multiple videos.
- Supports High-definition high-quality format H.264
- Provides capabilities for movie scaling (resizing), deinterlacing, and changing frames-per-second.
- Batch mode to convert multiple movies to a single, or multiple output files.
- Completely Free.
If you are looking for an easy to use video conversion software for your everyday needs, Free Video Converter is definitely for you. Download using links at the end.