YMailFeed is a free online service that lets you create a feed for your Yahoo emails. You can then add that feed to your favorite feed reader and check all the mails there.
Update (31-Aug-2012): This website is not working any more.
Here is how YMailFeed works:
- You go to YMailFeed, and start the process of adding your Yahoo account. For that, YMailFeed will take you to Yahoo login screen, where you will login to your account and give permission to YMailFeed to access your account. Note that YMailFeed does not knows or store your password – instead, Yahoo directly gives it restricted access that lasts for 14 days. After 14 days, you will need to reauthenticate YMailFeed to keep checking your Yahoo mailbox.
- After that, YMailFeed gives you a unique feed address that is related to your Yahoo mails. You can add this feed to your favorite feed reader like Google reader, and keep checking your mails. You can even add this feed to your browser by using browser plugins, and get notification in browser.
- YMailFeed does not shows the content of your email, but shows only the sender, subject, and date/time of your email. This is a restriction that is imposed by Yahoo. On clicking on any item in your YMailFeed, you are taken directly to your Yahoo mail account, where you can read your email.
There is one probably security catch with YMailFeed: If anyone else comes to know about your YMailFeed feed address, they can check your emails in the same way that you can. However, this is not really a big problem as:
- Your feed address is unique and known only to you
- Your feed shows only subject/sender of your emails, and not actual content.
- If you suspect that your feed has been compromised, you can regenerate the feed to get a new feed address. This will invalidate your previous feed address. I would suggest you do this step at least once a month, just to be sure that no one is spying over your mails.
YMailFeed is a very unique service, and this ensures that I will have one less browser window open. Try out YMailFeed.
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: