Here are 5 Free language learning software to learn languages for free. These free language learning software provide an easy way to learn a new language, and provide a good alternative to Rosetta Stone.
Busuu.com offers interactive language learning courses online for no cost. You can join this language learning community for free, by registering yourself with the site and start learning easily.
Languages you can learn on Busuu: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Russian, and French
The website offers full fledge course for you to learn different level of languages ranging from basic to advanced level. The services it offers for free:
- Interactive course through audio and visuals
- Over 150 learning topics
- Vocabulary building
- Dialogs lesson for smooth speaking
- Interesting writing exercises
- Self evaluation tests to check your progress
- Practice lessons
You get complete kit for learning languages online with Busuu.com web site. You can also join world community of the page in order to learn speaking languages by learning and practicing with native people or help others with your languages. The web site requires you to register yourself with it. The registration is simple and fast and do not ask you too many useless questions.
The learning lessons framed by Busuu are sequential and well framed suiting your needs and divided your leaning into levels. For people who don’t know language a bit, will be able learn right from beginner’s level. Even if you know language you can use it advanced level courses for languages. Busuu is one of the best free replacement to Rosetta Stone.
Free Byki language learning desktop software is easy to install and you will be able to learn foreign languages easily. There are no limits within you want to learn language, moreover you don’t have to visit classes for learning launguages than online coaching is done for you. Moreover Byki Express is required to be installed in your desktop, thus it remains with you forever and you can use it forever, as long as you want.
What do you get with Free Byki?
- Start learning a language in minutes.
- Your free software includes a full working copy of Byki Express,
plus a collection of lists to learn your chosen language.
- It’s free and you can use it forever with no time or session limits.
Byki requires you to enter your email address in its homepage and it will send you download link and usage tips on your email.
Languages you can learn with Byki Express: You can select over 70 International languages to learn for including major ones: Afrikaans, Albanian, Altai, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bashkir, Belorussian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Buriat, Chechen, Chinese, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dari, Dutch, Estonian, Farsi, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malay, Mirandese, Mongolian, Norwegian Pashto, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Scottish, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tajiki, Thai, Turkish, Turkmen, Tuvan, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu.
Byki Express locks foreign language words and phrases into your memory so that you can recall them perfectly and remember them forever. Download it here.
LiveMocha is one the best and largest online learning community imparting free online language learning trainings courses for people around the globe. The methology of the courses are simple yet effective and you learn foreign languages in most natural way and also get help from native people by joining live community of LiveMocha.
Language you can learn with LiveMocha: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Mandarin Chinese for free of cost.
How does community learning help?
Live Mocha is equipped with largest online community where friendly people come together and help each other in teaching and learning languages. Languages are something you cannot learn by repeating things. You need help of people who are native to language and you get correct pronunciation for learning languages. With LiveMocha you get unbeatable combination of, best of study materials and advantage of community learning.
Community learning is better way to learn rather than using only CDs and text books. When you learn with real people, helping one another creates the motivation you need to improve. You can study at your own pace, repeat lessons as you wish, and access more languages, learning partners, and cultural tips than you could never get from a CD-ROM or text book. Good alternative to Rosetta Stone.
Hello-hello is free revolutionary interactive online course with a community of people interested in learning languages and on the other hand helping you learning their languages. The learning process with hello-hello is simple and fun. With hello-hello learn a new language anytime, anywhere with online, interactive lessons that develop all skills you need.
Languages you can learn with Hello-Hello: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian.
Features of Hello-Hello
- You get lessons and courses with hello-hello developed in collaboration with American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- Get flash cards to learn vocabulary
- Make notes of the words and lessons in the middle of the session
- There is in built dictionary, where you can check out for your words and its meaning
- Get tips of using language and post your own tips
- Get help from others and expert by asking them your question
- Get in built translator for faster understanding. If you have any sentence in mind to translate in to you new foreign language then you can use its translator.
Try Hello-Hello here.
BBC- Languages offers free audio video courses for online language learning. The web page is offering wide range of languages which you can learn easily using its lessons and chapters. There are online course for beginners and advanced level students, where lessons are imparted by native teachers in easy to follow steps.
The course material can be downloaded to your computer, which can be referred by you easily and when you want. The courses are designed in easy manageable steps so that you are not burdened with lessons and your interest in language learning kept alive till end.
What do you need before getting started?
- A computer connected to the Internet.
- Capability to play sound, e.g. you should be able to listen to music or other audio on your computer.
- A piece of software, Flash, to be able to hear the sound. If it’s not already on your computer, it can be installed easily and free of charge by using the BBC WebWise guide. Plug-ins have been provided at appropriate points in the course contents for your convenience. Without Flash you’ll still see text and pictures, but you won’t be able to enjoy the audio.
The course contents are in sequence and for better understand you must follow the sequence and enjoy the slide slows that help you to learn languages by connecting yourself with the pictures and images and connect them for better learning.