Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express(SSMSE) is a free software by Microsoft to integrate your environment for accessing, configuring, managing, administering, and developing all components of SQL Server. It also combines a large group of graphical tools and script editors that provide access to SQL Server to developers and administrators of all calibers.
The tool is available for both the 32 bit a well as 64 bit versions. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express provides developers a developer friendly environment and database administrators get one solution to use their rich scripting in a better graphical interface. The SQL Server Management Studio Express’s user interface is a child/ subset of SQL Server Management Studio that is available with the various versions of the SQL Server 2008.
Features / Differences with the complete SQL Server Management Studio:
- Analysis Services, Integration Services, or Reporting Services cannot be managed through SSMSE
- Interactive Resolver(It lets you resolve conflicts manually during on-demand synchronization in Microsoft Windows Synchronization Manager) is not supported in SSMSE.
- Scheduled Administrative tasks by using SQL Server Agent is not supported by SSMSE.
- Object Explorer only supports Database Engine instances when using SSMSE and the ‘Connect to Server’ dialog box prevents connecting to other services, such as Analysis Services.
- All objects that would normally be enumerated for a specific Database Engine Object Explorer tree are still visible in SSMSE though it is a child of the SQL Server Management Studio.For unsupported item in SSMSE, only the refresh command is available.
- Help is not provided as part of the installation, so if you press F1, MSDN Online help opens. Pressing F1, you are able to access all F1 help topics, but you do not see a table of contents or an index for the SQL Server 2008 documentation. SQL Server 2008 documentation can be added to SSMSE,by installation of SQL Server 2008 Books Online from SQL Server Books Online Download Center.
System Requirements :
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 SP 2;Windows Server 2008/ R2;Windows Vista;Windows Vista Service Pack 1;Windows XP Service Pack 2/ SP3; Windows 7
- 32-Bit Systems: Compatible with Intel or compatible 1GHz or faster processor (2 GHz or faster is recommended).
- 64-Bit Systems: 1.4 GHz or higher processor (2 GHz or faster is recommended).
- Minimum 512 MB of RAM (1 GB or more is recommended).
- 1 GB of free hard disk space
Download Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Studio Express here
Home Page: Click Here
Works With: Windows
Free / Paid: Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: