Startup Master is a free Startup Manager for Windows that allows you to manage the applications that run during startup. The number of undesired applications running during startup slow down the speed of booting of the system. Most of the applications that one downloads these days automatically run during startup. The user needs to decide which applications to run during the system startup to control the boot speed.
Startup Master is the perfect tool which will make this task easy for you. This will ensure better response from the system and also the safety of the system. It helps the user to minimise boot time by allowing only the high priority applications to run during startup. You can edit, delete and add items on the startup list.
Features Of This Startup Manager:
- This Windows utility is an open source software. This means that one can download and use the software for free. This also means anyone can download, use and modify according to the terms of the GNU license.
- The operating systems on which the software can be run are:
- Microsoft(R) Windows(TM) 7 (both 32-bit operating system and 64-bit operating system) Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate versions of the operating system
- Microsoft(R) Windows(TM) Vista (both 32-bit operating system and 64-bit operating system ) Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Business and Ultimate versions of the operating system.
- Microsoft(R) Windows(TM) XP (32-bit operating system and 64-bit operating system) Home, Professional and Media Center versions of the operating system.
- The free software has some hardware requirements as well. They are specified below.
- The software will require 256 MB of RAM to get installed.
- The user’s processor has to be 800 Hz or a faster processor for the installation to be successful.
- The software will also require 5 MB of free disk space to get successfully installed.
- Startup Master boasts of an intuitive and interactive interface. Both the advanced users and the beginners will be able to use this software easily.
- The user can modify the sequence of launching of applications during startup. This not only reduces the booting time but also improves the system performance.
- It also makes sure that your computer is safe by scanning the applications during system startup.
- Malicious applications will be automatically stopped from running.
- This efficient tool allows the user to perform advanced operations on the startup applications. The user can edit the pre-existing applications by name, target and also location.
Interface Of The Startup Manager:
The interface of this startup manager is extremely user friendly. Novice users will have no problem while using the software. The functions are represented by buttons which are located on the tool bar at the top of the screen. The applications are sorted according to their name, target, category, status, type and trust level. The user needs to select the desired item from the list and select the required function from the tool bar. In order to edit it one has to right click on the item. Items can also be added to the list by the user.
The Startup Master is an impressive utility which allows the user to manage and customise boot applications of the system. Even though it is quite good, I personally prefer applications that can address other areas of system performance as well (like, registry defrag, etc.). And two applications that do that very well are Soluto, and Glary Utilities. However, if you are looking for a dedicated Startup Manager, then this free Startup Master is a good choice.
Home Page: Click Here
Works With: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Free / Paid: Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: