Sumatra PDF viewer is an open source application that can be used to view PDF files. It is a free PDF viewer, and is a free alternative to Adobe Reader. It is developed especially for portable use. You can only open one document at a time on your USB drive. The program does not writes anything to the system registry.
Adobe reader suffers from the problem of being very bulky in size, and sucking up lot of system resources. Free PDF readers like Sumatra PDF Viewer, and Foxit Reader do not suffer from the same problem, and provide a good alternative to Adobe Reader.
[Like this article? Subscribe to our Free Updates]
Here are some of the features of this Free PDF Viewer:
- It is a freeware and can be downloaded from the website by anyone
- Control the navigation, viewing state and actions with keyboard shortcuts.
- Works with command line arguments
- The built in support let you preview LateX documents
- If you select the Remember settings for each document, Sumatra PDF will automatically open the pdf viewer in the last page you view on the program startup.
- Save settings including full screen as defaults when the program is shut down.
- Disable links to PDF documents to open directly in the browsers.
- Perform zoom in and zoom out
- Rotate the document clock wise
- Rotate the document counter clockwise
- View the document in full screen mode
- Show/hide PDF bookmarker
- Change the focus between the bookmarks and main window
- Basic navigation features such as go back, go forward, go to first page, go to last page, scroll up .down by line, scroll by screen.
- The search features allows users to perform a search on word within the PDF document.
Users can disable viewing PDF in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. In this way, when you click on a link that point to a PDF document, it will not open directly in the browser. Instead, a dialog box will pop up and ask for your permission whether you want to open those files. If you want to change the settings, check the “Always perform this action” checkbox.
Sumatra PDF has some limitations. It is slow in printing. Users cannot fill forms and add comments. If you want to use these features, you can try Foxit Reader.
Home Page: Click Here
Works With: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
Free / Paid: Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: