PC Tools Antivirus is a free antivirus software to protect your PC from malicious files and email viruses.
This free antivirus software can perform intelli-scan, full scan and custom scan on your computer. You can protect your PC from internet prone viruses and malware by installing Free Firewall Protection Software.
About This Free Antivirus Tool:
This free antivirus software might take long time to install; because of it’s 206MB file. But it has good functionality and easy to use interface.
After installation it performs a intelliscan and detects infected files in cookies, folders, etc. Select the option to delete the infected files found on your computer. Then you can see the main window in which you have several options like:
1. Home: In home window you can see the protection summary which shows the threats detected, number of scans performed, items scanned, and database updates. You can also see the protection status which indicates whether your Intelliguard protection is ON or OFF and Start Scan option to perform a scan on your computer.
2. Intelliguard: In intelliguard there are many options but in this free antivirus version only email guard and file guard can be activated. Email guard scans and protects from malicious attachments in your inbound and outbound mails. File guard monitors your computer from opening or accessing malicious files.
3. Settings: In settings you can modify general settings like run scan on Windows startup, enable quiet mode, etc. You also have the options like advanced, performance, history, scan settings, secure community, global action list, schedule tasks, and quarantine. With these options you can modify performance settings, view the previous scans, define anti-spyware and antivirus settings, etc.
4. Start Scan Now: This option allows you to perform intelliscan, full scan, and custom scan. Intelliscan performs a quick scan on your computer. Full scan check for each and every file to protect your PC. Custom scan is an option where you can choose which part of your computer to be scanned.
5. Why PC Tools: This option is for upgrading your free antivirus to paid antivirus with more options for better control. But this free version is sufficient for normal internet usage.
This PC Tools Free Antivirus is easy to use. To protect your PC from malicious attacks and viruses Download PC Tools Antivirus free.