SDExplorer is a free desktop Client for Windows SkyDrive. SDExplorer integrates with your Windows Explorer, and lets you add files to your SkyDrive right from your Windows Explorer.
I am a big fan of SkyDrive, but the biggest problem I faced it with was absence of desktop client. Whenever I had to add a file to SkyDrive, I had to go to SkyDrive website, and manually upload the file. This was the only thing that kept me switching to Dropbox, and Windows Live Mesh.
SDExplorer fixes that problem. SDExplorer works in a very interesting way. It integrates right in your Windows explorer. So, you can move files to your SkyDrive by just dragging and dropping them in your Windows Explorer. This makes it really easy to work with SkyDrive.
Here are some of the features of this Desktop Client for SkyDrive:
- SDExplorer establishes a secure connection for SkyDrive, and all the data is transferred using HTTPS.
- Your SkyDrive password is kept secure, and even SDExplorer engine does not comes to know about your password.
- You can easily copy files and folders to SkyDrive from your PC. In the same manner, you can copy files and folders from SkyDrive to your PC.
- You can browse your files in SkyDrive.
- You can create new folders, and Delete existing files and folders in SkyDrive.
- You can rename your files and folders in SkyDrive.
SDExplorer is a really long awaited software to directly work with SkyDrive from your desktop. Absolutely love this desktop client for SkyDrive.