Microsoft desktop player, a free application, is a Microsoft product. It provides its users Microsoft content for .NET, Office, SQL, Visual Studio 2010 etc for free.
It is available in two forms:
• Cloud application – This version uses the silverlight technology, a web based technology, which has interactivity features and supports common language infrastructure (CLI) and integrated development environment (IDE).
• Desktop Client – This version needs to be downloaded and installed locally. After the WPF application is downloaded and installed it can be used offline.
Microsoft Desktop Player can be used to find webcasts, podcasts, videos, whitepapers and other relevant links based on the search criteria. It helps users find relevant data depending on their role and where they stand in the adoption cycle.
1. It has two versions:
2. Users can access streamlined data/information by specifying their role as a developer, IT Pro and IT adoption cycle
3. Offers latest tech news
4. Can look for local news depending on zip code
5. Finds various TechNet and MSDN events
6. Finds local CPLS where Microsoft training is provided
7. Site can even be embedded to share the resources with others
8. Users can be part of local groups
9. Videos and data can be downloaded and viewed later when offline
10. Can be of great help to those preparing for Microsoft certifications
It is a cost free and suitable application for all IT pros and developers. Important and appropriate resources are all available at this single downloadable desktop interface/web application.
Home Page: Click Here
Works With: Windows, Mac
Free / Paid: Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: